Reference Materials and Process Analysis rolled into one
Global Proficiency Charts
One of the most important quality controls in a laboratory is the internal quality control. By using an internal quality control, the analyst checks if his or her activities comply with the requirements. An effective and widely used way to apply the internal quality control is the use of microbiological reference material.
The results of the analysed reference materials are generally plotted on a Control Chart. The Control Chart shows whether the process is stable or unstable. This refers to the signal value, when there is a variation which is generated by special causes and situations. Each accredited laboratory has a Control Chart for each individual test. In cases of uncontrolled quality, a corrective action must be taken and documented. The individual chart provides information about the average and the standard deviation of the results of investigation.
BiosistoChart is an application for recording and capturing results of primary controls. Here, the NEN 6603 standard is leading to record and monitor the performance of the analytical methods. It is possible to compare all your company locations in one Control Chart and in a Box & Interval plot graph. Another possibility is to compare your results (anonymously) with other companies who use the same microbiological reference material from Biosisto. Proficiency testing by means of interlaboratory comparisons is made possible by transformation and interpretation of the internal quality control data.
How it works
Key benefits of BiosistoChart
- BiosistoChart is a validated system and can be used as part of your own accredited process. The system follows the NEN 6603 standard and executes all necessary calculations automatically;
- Real-time visual insight on your results and possible systematic errors or non-conformities;
- Real-time interlaboratory evaluation of your results with other locations and companies;
- Evaluations on average and standard deviation are automated;
- Possibility to compare and evaluate in-house methods with standard ISO or NEN analytical methods;
- Audit trail and standard use of Non Conformity Forms;
- Free updates and a lot of influence on the development of the system. The development of the system is roadmap based and customers have a lot of influence on the roadmap